Saturday, March 9, 2013

Old Habits Die Hard

I've recently had a blast from the past come into my life. I rejoined the popular virtual pet and kids' MMO Neopets. I had an account years and years ago that I shared with my sister, but I can no longer remember the username nor the email associated with it. I have many funny memories regarding it. Back when Neopets was all the rage, we used to argue over who got to play when and with what pets and what we should spend our collective points on. But we needed Mom's approval and she would only approve one since we were both under 13, so we got on as best as we could, haha. I remember having to tell myself over and over that it was just a game and there were no serious consequences from it :p


So, I went ahead and created a new one. This time linked to my Facebook account so it will be hard to forget, haha. If you are a regular Neopets players, add me as your friend. I am themightyswick. One of the pets I consider my own : Bravebones : on my old account as 'adventurer365'  is not there, but once my new account is authorized. I plan to add him to my team. So we will have ....

Ruff, Lazy, Maple, and Brave : our main characters in this Neopets tale.

I can't remember being so enthusiastic about my pets last time I played, but I have become rather fond of them. Not in simply feeding and playing and virtually caring for them, but I look at them as characters, and in my head I've created these cool backstories and personas for them. Nothing serious will ever come from it, but I am comforted in the fact that my creative gears are still a-whirlling in my skull. I was a little upset the other day when I was trying to come up with revamped storylines for characters already fleshed out (I love recycling characters), and I was unable to come up with anything that satisfied me. I keep telling myself that I need to stop worrying so much about what other people think and simply write a book 'for me' ... but perhaps writing  a book for myself is harder than writing a book for everyone else, haha.

It's lonely playing Neopets by yourself though, so... I know it's not everybody's thing, but at least check it out, will you?

No comments: