Monday, April 22, 2013

Storytime! Take Two!

Tomorrow is my official second story time! It's the same school and the same kids so I hope I can make a better impression.

I only get to do story times at the library when everyone else in the youth department is unable to do so. I'm kind of at the bottom of the totem pole again, and not very experienced... the kids enjoy the others a lot more because they are better at it. But I've been told over and over to just be myself and to keep doing it, because practice really does make perfect.

I've already decided on the books I want to read to the kids. I really like them and I hope they do too. They are preschool aged kids; I'm still trying to get the hang of reading levels and what is good to read to kids that age and what is too hard for them. Last time, I think I may have picked a couple that were a little too hard. I'll let you guys be the judge though. These are the three that I plan to read ....






There's lots of sound effects and voices I can make in these books, so I'm going to work on being more animated in my story time tomorrow. If you can't tell already, I kind of picked a 'transportation' theme. We have had a lot of requests for books about planes, trains, boats, cars, etc.... I thought maybe it would be a good idea to read some that way they could kind of connect it to what they do in class. Maybe. I dunno. 

My fear is always that the kids have already read the books that I pick for story time, haha. If so, I hope I do a better job reading.

Wish me luck!

No comments: