Friday, May 2, 2014

Counting Down Pokemon Favorites (GENERATION 6)


This is it, guys. 


Continuing the Pokemon countdown of my favorites from each generation! 
So, I've selection three Pokemon from each; one winner, and two runner-ups. 
This is taking into account my feelings of the Pokemon's design, stats, and my personal experience with them in battle.

I won't include legendaries in the generations; just normal Pokemon.
Legendaries got their own post.


Time to tackle...


Best Pokemon of GENERATION 6

Runner-Ups

PANGORO
the Daunting Pokemon

Generation VI
XAlthough it possesses a violent temperament, it won’t put up with bullying. It uses the leaf in its mouth to sense the movements of its enemies.
YIt charges ahead and bashes its opponents like a berserker, uncaring about any hits it might take. Its arms are mighty enough to snap a telephone pole.

I loved the little panda Pokemon Pancham when it was announced, and when I was able, I caught myself one and named it 'Val' ... Power-Up Punch, Metronome, and Moxie.... Val was the most badass girl Pangoro the Kalos world had ever fucking seen. She helped me punch my way to victory :3

MALAMAR
the Overturning Pokemon


Generation VI
XIt wields the most compelling hypnotic powers of any Pokémon, and it forces others to do whatever it wants.
YIt lures prey close with hypnotic motions, then wraps its tentacles around it before finishing it off with digestive fluids.

I was wow'ed when I read up on how you're supposed to evolve Inkay into Malamar. You turn the 3DS upside-down after it levels up (to level 32? maybe?) ... this was ingenious, and if I hadn't have read about it, I never would have guessed it. Sneaky, sneaky, Nintendo and Game Freak. I had a Malamar in my team (his name was 'Tequila' ... because tequila makes you feel a little topsy-turvy... that was my line of thinking...)that conquered the Elite 4 because I was in love with its Psychic/Dark typing. It made it SO USEFUL in battles. Psychic weak against Dark? Nope, not Malamar. Psychic doesn't even work. Bug types get the better of Dark? Nope, not Malamar. Blast 'em with a Psychic move. Fighting? Psychic. Ghost? Dark. No real weaknesses. I just wish it would move a little faster!


---- WINNER! ----


KLEFKI
the Key Ring Pokemon

Generation VI
XThese key collectors threaten any attackers by fiercely jingling their keys at them.
YIt never lets go of a key that it likes, so people give it the keys to vaults and safes as a way to prevent crime.

Like many other Pokemon fans, I scoffed at this Pokemon whenever it was revealed. I thought it was a joke, and I was disappointed in Nintendo and Game Freaks for wasting my time.... and then.... the Pokedex hit all of my kawaii~ buttons, and I fell in love with this Pokemon due to the lore around it. I mean, read that description ' FIERCELY JINGLES KEYS AT ATTACKERS ' HOW ADORABLE IS THAT???? IT IS NOT THREATENING IN THE SLIGHTEST; IT IS JUST RIDICULOUSLY CUTE!

... also, it kills dragons and neutralizes other Fairy. Immune to Poison. It's Steel/Fairy type.


No comments: