Friday, January 18, 2013

If You Were Going To Do My Life As A Movie...

.... I think that Foster The People's album Torches would be the most appropriate choice as the soundtrack.



This will probably come out of left field for some people because it's not what I normally listen to or what I normally talk about. My favorite music is generally all types of metal; in particular, folk metal (I think it's that battle sounds and the image of vikings and dragon-slaying that gets me really excited) ... but that kind of music just doesn't suit the events that have happened so far. Had I been a soldier or born in a different era, it might be different, but the way things are. I think this little indie pop jewel will suit us just fine. I've copied and pasted my favorite parts out of the songs that I think are the most relevant to me. I'm not going to go into a ton of detail as to why they are a good fit because I'm not really a leaky faucet like that, brother.

1 ) Helena Beat

"Wake up strange and take the walk downstairs
Hit the pawn up on the corner and pay for my rent
You know that I could not believe my own truth
Just show them what I choose, got nothing to lose

Yeah yeah and it’s O.K.
I tie my hands up to a chair so I don’t fall that way.
Yeah yeah and I’m alright.
I took a sip of something poisoned but I’ll hold on tight."

2 ) Pumped Up Kicks

"Yeah! He found a six-shooter gun in his dad's closet,
with the box of fun things.

I don't even know what,
but he's coming for you.
Yeah, He's coming for you!

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks,
You better run, better run, outrun my gun.
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks,
You better run, better run, faster than my bullet."

3 ) Call It What You Want
"Call it what you want
Call it what you want
I said just call it what you want
Call it what you want

Yeah we're locked up in ideas
We like to label everything
Well I'm just gonna do here what I gotta do here
'Cause I gotta keep myself free
You're ducking and moving just to hide your bruises from all your enemies
And I'm in the crossfire dodging bullets from your expectancies"

4 ) Don't Stop (Color on the Walls)

"I run they run everybody run run
And we're all just having fun
Sleigh ride boat ride piggy back ride
I'm going to show them all how I can ride
One two three close your eyes and count to four
I'm gonna (I'd like) to hide behind my bedroom door
Crayons on walls
I'll color on them all
I'll draw until I've broken every law"

5 ) Waste

"You know it's funny how freedom can make us feel contained
Yeah When the muscles in our legs aren't used to all the walking
I know if you could snap both your fingers that you'd escape with me
But in the meantime, I'll just wait here and listen to you when you speak... or scream"

6 ) I Would Do Anything For You

"Oo la love, I’ve fallen in love, and it’s better this time than ever before
Oo la love, I’ve fallen in love, and it’s better this time than I’ve ever known"

7 ) Houdini

"When I feel kinda bad and don't want to stress
Pass it off on a better day
Well you got what you want, and what you never knew
Perfect gift from me to you

Yeah yeah yeah

Got shackles on, my words are tied
Fear can make you compromise
Fasten up, it's time to hide
Sometimes I wanna disappear"

8 ) Life on the Nickel

"You got to push, got to shove
I've got to eat before they eat me
Got the crown and the cup
I've got to write to my family
And say, "I'm calm and feeling warm."
I'm not quite there, but I'm close
And it's a world of a difference"

9 ) Miss You

"Heat stroke, death's like
The wrong things that I think are right
I never knew that I could go as far as this
I took a problem recently forgotten
I know who I had been before I slipped
Oh, I want to change it
I will live a life that makes you smile
When I'm done here and long gone
Feverish speaking, just wanna see your face
Oh, What you say, what you say?"


 
10 ) Warrant

"Well I've been judged I've been a bug unknown
I know all about it but my heart is strong

I've been away been running to save my head
Yeah the warrant's out and I'm almost dead
I won't say what I've already said

Got to get away
Yeah, the warrants on my head
Got to get away
They want me alive or dead"


If these lyrics sound pretty cool, you can listen to some samplers >HERE<



No comments: