Thursday, March 13, 2014

Goodreads Goodness (aka 'I'm not the only one')

In a moment of boredom, I decided to long onto Goodreads to organize my shelves. Shelves are a way to classify books on the Goodreads database, and from those shelves you can get more specific recommendations catered to your reading tastes... and while I was perusing a shelf title 'piece-of-shit' (for books I thought were absolutely horrible and don't want to read anything like them because life is too short for awful books) ... I noticed at the bottom of the page that there was a link saying 'More books shelved as piece-of shit' ... I thought that there would be major lulz to be had, so I clicked it, and was delighted by what I saw thereafter. 


Here's a screencap, so you guys know I'm NOT joking. 
This is legit... from millions of other Goodreads users...





.... I thought 'LOL, piece-of-shit is a genre! I wonder what else is out there!'
(this list is spot on, btw. I've unfortunately read 6 of the 10 books shown, and they deserve being called POS)
So, today I present what else I found there ... 






... and for those of you who aren't horrible people like me reveling in the fact that what you consider awful literature is considered awful literature worldwide, here are some more uplifting and academic screen captures of goodness I found lurking on Goodreads ...






No comments: