Friday, April 18, 2014

Counting Down Pokemon Favorites : GENERATION 4

Continuing the Pokemon countdown of my favorites from each generation! 
So, I've selection three Pokemon from each; one winner, and two runner-ups. 
This is taking into account my feelings of the Pokemon's design, stats, and my personal experience with them in battle.

I won't include legendaries in the generations; just normal Pokemon.
Legendaries got their own post.


Today I'm going to touch base with ....

Best Pokemon from GENERATION 4

Runner-Ups

ABOMASNOW
the Frost Tree Pokemon


Generation IV
DiamondIt whips up blizzards in mountains that are always buried in snow. It is theabominable snowman.
PearlIt blankets wide areas in snow by whipping up blizzards. It is also known as "The Ice Monster."
PlatinumThey appear when the snow flowers bloom. When the petals fall, they retreat to places unknown again.
HeartGoldIt lives a quiet life on mountains that are perpetually covered in snow. It hides itself by whipping up blizzards.
SoulSilver
Generation V
BlackThey appear when the snow flowers bloom. When the petals fall, they retreat to places unknown again.
White
Black 2They appear when the snow flowers bloom. When the petals fall, they retreat to places unknown again.
White 2
Generation VI
XIt blankets wide areas in snow by whipping up blizzards. It is also known as "The Ice Monster."
YIt lives a quiet life on mountains that are perpetually covered in snow. It hides itself by whipping up blizzards.

Abomasnow became one of my favorites after its mega-form was announced. It looks so big and cuddly. Granted, I know that Abomasnow is far from cuddly (being a pine-tree... and covered in ice... brrr!) ... I think one of my biggest attractions to it is actually its unique typing. I'm already in love with Grass types, and I had a stand-offish attitude about Ice types in general, so this was my chance to play to all of strengths and FINALLY have something that can hold its own in a fight against Dragon types. This didn't work out the way that I had planned because of Abomasnow's quad-weakness to FIRE >_< .... a staple on most Dragon-type Pokemon... so I'm still trying to learn to use this Pokemon effectively, but I still really like it!


STARAPTOR
the Predator Pokemon

Generation IV
DiamondIt has a savage nature. It will courageously challenge foes that are much larger.
PearlThe muscles in its wings and legs are strong. It can easily fly while gripping a small Pokémon.
PlatinumIt never stops attacking even if it is injured. It fusses over the shape of its comb.
HeartGoldWhen Staravia evolve into Staraptor, they leave the flock to live alone. They have sturdy wings.
SoulSilver
Generation V
BlackIt never stops attacking even if it is injured. It fusses over the shape of its comb.
White
Black 2It never stops attacking even if it is injured. It fusses over the shape of its comb.
White 2
Generation VI
XThe muscles in its wings and legs are strong. It can easily fly while gripping a small Pokémon.
YWhen Staravia evolve into Staraptor, they leave the flock to live alone. They have sturdy wings.

Staraptor is hands-down my favorite Flying Pokemon and for only one good reason... Starly was my first ever shiny Pokemon. For those of you who aren't aware, shiny Pokemon are extremely rare. The chances of you running into one in the wild are like 1 in 10000 (which sound like good odds, but trust me, not so good. In all of my years playing the Pokemon games, this is the ONLY shiny I have come across. Ever.) ... you can reduce the odds to like 1 in 5000 through a special breeding technique, but to be honest, ain't nobody got time for that. I was too busy being the very best to patiently wait for shiny hatches. 


For reference, this is what a Shiny Staraptor looks like.

Needless to say, I insisted on using my shiny Starly and he (his name is Boss) has become a permanent member of my Pokemon team. It's fast, it's strong, it learns killer moves - why wouldn't you want a badass bird?

---- WINNER! ----


STUNKY
the Skunk Pokemon

Generation IV
DiamondIt protects itself by spraying a noxious fluid from its rear. Thestench lingers for 24 hours.
PearlIt sprays a nose-curling, stinky fluid from its rear to repel attackers.
PlatinumIt sprays a foul fluid from its rear. Its stench spreads over amile radius, driving Pokémon away.
HeartGoldThe foul fluid from its rear is so revolting that it can make people feel queasy up to a mile and a quarter away.
SoulSilver
Generation V
BlackIt sprays a foul fluid from its rear. Its stench spreads over amile radius, driving Pokémon away.
White
Black 2It sprays a foul fluid from its rear. Its stench spreads over amile radius, driving Pokémon away.
White 2
Generation VI
XIt sprays a foul fluid from its rear. Its stench spreads over amile radius, driving Pokémon away.
YIt protects itself by spraying a noxious fluid from its rear. Thestench lingers for 24 hours.

Did you really expect me to pick something different?
Everyone who has heard me talk Pokemon knows that Stunky is my favorite Pokemon of all time... that if Stunky were a starter, I'd choose it in a heartbeat over every other Pokemon in the game. 

Stunky is adorable.


No comments: