Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It Ain't Over Until I Sniff Out My Christmas Presents

I can't believe it's already December. This year has gone by so fast it's not even funny, and although I'm sad that another year has flown by (my mom tells me that this effect gets worse the older you get), I'm really excited about Christmas! And I'm really excited to give my girlfriend Felicia the present I got her!

In case she reads this, I can't tell you what it is, but I can tell you that I've had to stop her from buying similar presents several times because I already got a better one for her. Felicia can be hard to give gifts to sometimes, because if there is something she wants and she has the money for, she tends to just go out and buy it regardless of whether it's close to her birthday or Christmas or what. So, instead of buying presents that she really wants, I normally have to buy her things that I know she'll think are cool even if she doesn't know it yet.

The kid in me still likes to snoop for presents around the house, but I haven't found anything yet. I have a hunch of what I got and I almost want to stop there, but Felicia and her mother brag that they are the best at stashing stuff away in spots where no one can find them, so I was like :




Other than that, everyone's kind of freaking out about this whole end-the-world thing that's supposed to happen on 12/21/2012. If you don't know by now what it is, then... well, it was just highly unlikely someone didn't mention it to you and I have a hard time believing that you truly didn't know about it.

The mystical and marvelous Mayan calendar ends on that day, and because the Mayans had amazing calendars for such an old civilization of people, in the present, people think they had the ability to see into the future which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

Also, a lot of bullshit about an alien planet Nibiru or Planet X colliding with the Earth, and if such a thing were possible, I guarantee that NASA would be all over that shit.

No one knows exactly what is going to happen on that day.... maybe the Biblical Apocalypse, maybe an alien invasion, maybe a massive earthquake or volcano or tidal wave, or maybe nuclear weapons - anyway, the whole world is just going to go to hell in a handbasket.

Me, personally, I think it's all a bunch of hoopla, and I think the only reason why the Mayan calendar ends on 12/21/2012 is because the Spanish conquistadors arrived and wiped them all out and they had more important things to do than work on a calendar that was already calculated 700 years in advance. That makes more sense to me.

But, now, there are a lot of people who believe that it is a fact that the world will end on this day, and I am genuinely scared about some of the crazy stuff people will attempt to do thinking that their actions on that day will have no consequence because the world as they know it will fall apart. Yep, a whole bunch of crazies...

Fortunately, if the world does end in 10 days, you guys won't have to read my blog anymore, LOL.

No comments: