Monday, December 24, 2012

More Pokemon Shenanigans

I'm sorry I've gone the past few days without a post. I wish I could say that it's because I've been so busy preparing for the holidays and family and yada yada yada but.... really, it's just been full of work and watching copious amounts of Pokemon Let's Play(s) .... specifically Marriland's Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke Challenge.

I have also started my own Pokemon Nuzlocke Challenge using my copy of Pokemon Diamond. Unfortunately, I don't have the gear to be able to upload my gameplay onto YouTube or anything, but I have been updating my progress in my Pokemon group on Goodreads.com

For those of you who aren't familiar with a Nuzlocke Challenge, let me break it down for you. It's a type of challenge gameplay for Pokemon and it only has 3 rules.

1. Any Pokemon that faints in battle must be considered DEAD and released (therefore, you really got to pay attention to battles and stats and critical hits. You don't want your prized Pokemon you've trained from level 3 to faint to a bad matchup. It's heartbreaking.)

2. You may only catch the first Pokemon you encounter on each Route. (therefore, you really don't have a lot of Pokemon to begin with or to choose from. Also it sometimes forces you to use Pokemon you would never really consider which can be pretty cool.)

3. You must nickname all of your Pokemon for the sake of developing emotional bonds with them. (this is the easy part ;) )

So, it can get pretty challenging at times. I'm really enjoying it.

Other than that, Felicia let me open one of my Christmas gifts early! And inside was a Pokemon Platinum Arceus TCG gift set! I was so excited just to get this awesome promo Arceus card --



-- but I was even MORE excited after I opened the Promo Boosters that were with it and found this massively overpowered Promo Garchomp --



I had a nerdgasm like you wouldn't believe. Of course, now it just sets up a high standard for all my other Christmas gifts :P


Nah, I know they're all coal xD



No comments: