Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year

Today is the last day in 2012, and I've survived the Rapture and the Mayan Apocalypse. Woohoo!

Now for the list of New Year Resolutions I'm going to make
but will likely not follow up on due to the fact I have a short-term memory span like a goldfish.
No, no, no, I will! follow through with my resolutions. Or at least I'll sincerely attempt to try.


1 ) Read at least 30 minutes every day
-- I had this resolution last year and I think I did a pretty good job with it. This resolution was great because I got through a bunch of books on my to read list and I just love when I come across a concept in a book that just blows my mind, you know? The best feeling in the world for me (apart from being in love with Felicia) is stumbling across a thought that I think about for days and days. Reading introduces all kinds of thoughts and viewpoints and ideas; in fact, I think it's the best way. So you know I'm going to keep this one.

2 ) Finally organize my Pokemon card collection
-- I've already been working on this one a little. I've been looking online for some sort of printable checklist that I would be able to slip into my binder and take on the road with me whenever I hang out in the card and comic shop and hopefully expand my collection. But, all of the ones that I have been able to find are these complex databases which are great if I'm going to keep it all virtually, but... I need a hard copy, and I'm sure I'm not the only Pokemon card collector who would just like something simple.

If you are interested in my little endeavor and would like these lists for yourself, let me know and I will happily provide them for you.

3 ) Drink more water
-- I drink a lot of fluids in general, but I don't always drink water like I should. Lots of coffee and lots of Coke and more stuff that is not good for me. The older I get, the more I need to be better about eating healthy, I know... so I figure that this is going to be a good step. It's not like I go out and eat fast food or junk food all the time so I don't really worry about that.

4 ) Work on being more organized and less forgetful.
-- I am a complete scatterbrain and it drives my partner Felicia insane.... it's been so ingrained in me that I don't know if I'm going to be able to shake them, but I'm going to damn well try!

5 ) Encounter a shiny Pokemon
-- This year, it's going to happen. I swear.

No comments: