Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Reaction - Best Book of the Decade: 1920 - 1929

Today, I am reviewing the list : Best Books of the Decade 1920. That means all the books on this list were first published between the years 1920 through 1929.

They picked : The Great Gatsby

My reaction --- Oooohhh.... this is a really really tough decade for me, because I really like The Great Gatsby,  (even more so now that there is a movie adaptation starring DiCaprio) but I feel like it's not the only one worth mentioning.... so there's probably ---



Why this one? --- What is there not to like about Winnie the Pooh? Now an iconic Disney(C) character, Winnie the Pooh has starred in books, movies, theatre, television shows, cuddly toys, and even its' own pop philosophy book. Winnie the Pooh, although originally British, has slowly become an American icon who continues to remain popular even with kids today. When I consider how long trends with kids last, I am amazed that Winnie the Pooh and his friends have held the reigns for so many decades, and I think that's worthy of some praise. Good going, you silly ol' bear!

Both The Great Gatsby and Winnie-the-Pooh win the Swick Award for Best Book of the Decade 1920s

No comments: