Wednesday, June 26, 2013

WTF IS THIS?! UGH!

We've been doing a lot of weeding in the young adult section of the library, and I'm finally at the end of it all when I discover this ....


..... as much as I want to cry out "please tell me this is a joke!," the sad sad news is that it is real. I shit you not; the quotes in italics are REALLY from this book.

It includes a...

"How Well Do You Know Robert?" quiz

Fill In The Blank "Your Perfect Evening w/ Rob"
with questions like....

How and where will you meet him?
What will he be wearing?
What will you be wearing?
Will he kiss you, and if so, what will it be like?
.... and the beautiful last line, 'even if that date with Mr. Pattinson never takes place at least you know now exactly what your ideal date with your next boyfriend will be like!'

Fill In The Blank "Reasons to pick Edward"
( ' Well, he is the PERFECT man ')
Fill In The Blank "Reasons to pick Robert"
( ' He's an incredibly talented actor ' )

and this gem....

"Someone asked, 'Is it true you haven't washed [your hair] for six weeks?'
and I said 'I haven't washed it in four years!' "
-Robert Pattinson
UGH! That quote alone, I don't understand why anyone would think that was attractive. Mind you, this was under a section called 'breaking the stereotypes' and while I guess that that is true, it breaks a stereotype in a super creepy very unhygenic way that's just- gross!


It's no wonder teenage girls in this day and age are so stupid.
It's because we publish bullshit like this and encourage them to buy it!


Swick's Perfect Book for Stalkers Award 2013

No comments: